19 Mobile Marketing Facts You Need to Know
- 31% of cell internet users "mostly" access the internet via mobile devices.(Pew)
- 75% of people favor mobile-friendly websites. (SnapHop)
- Mobile internet usage is expected to surpass desktop internet usage by 2014.
- Mobile is responsible for 50% of local searches. (Microsoft)
- 86% of mobile users are on their devices while watching television. (Yahoo)
- More than 80% of mobile users claim a fast and reliable experience plays a
role in how often they access a mobile website. (Gomez)
- 24% of users expect a mobile website to load in 3 seconds or less. (Gomez)
- 13% of mobile users say that they would never return to a mobile app if it
did not work the first time. (Gomez)
- Between 2010 and 2012, there was a 69% increase in mobile share of web
traffic in North America. In Asia, there was a 192.46% increase. (Pingdom)
- 21% of US tablet owners user their tablets to shop more than once a week.
- 88% of people use their mobile phone to check email daily. (Return Path)
- If all US mobile Internet time was condensed into one hour, 25 minutes would
be spent on email. (Return Path)
- 63% of Americans would close/delete an email that is not mobile-optimized.
- Over half of US consumers who have purchased something using a smartphone
have done so in response to a marketing message delivered by mobile email.
- Mobile subscriptions will surpass World Population this year. (MarketingProfs)
- The average American spends almost 3 hours per day socializing on his/her
mobile device. (Microsoft)
- More than 33% of Facebook users are on Facebook Mobile. (Microsoft)
- Half of all Twitter users are on Twitter Mobile. (Microsoft)
- US mobile ad spend is estimated to reach $10.83 billion in 2016. (Mobile Marketer)
How is your business adapting to the rise of mobile?
Article source: http://bostinno.com/channels/19-mobile-marketing-facts-you-need-to-know